10.01.2011

Some happy thoughts

I've spent four hours listening to some wonderful, very uplifting words today.

It felt good. Yes, listening to four hours of church talks was 100% awesome. There is no better way to spend a Saturday. (And a Sunday, four more hours tomorrow. :) I feel so good that I would like to share a few thoughts with you.

Now I know that there are many of you who do not share the same faith as I do, and some who practice no faith at all! Please know that that does not affect my opinion of you at all, I don't believe friendships are based on similar religious beliefs. I don't judge, or shun. I'm just sharing what makes me happy in hopes you might find something that makes you happy too.

Hmmm. I take notes in cursive because it's harder for people to read over my shoulder that way. And I just took a picture of my notes and put it on the internet. THAT makes sense. 


  • In order to progress, you have to face some challenges. 
  • When we serve, we not only help others, we help ourselves. And there are always opportunities to serve others. 
  • Rely on the wisdom of others, especially those older than you. (I mean seriously, how many times do we call our parents to ask them questions?)
  • You matter. And you are loved. 
  • Be the master of addicting, time wasting activities. Just because you are busy doesn't mean you are being productive. 
  • There is always time to do the right thing. 
  • "It's better to look up."
  • Everyone makes wrong choices, and everyone makes mistakes. Be quick to forgive, and quick to realize your own mistakes. 
  • Be bold. Don't assume someone else will take care of something. 
  • Make sure to engage in two way conversations.
  • Be an example. 

Just some excerpts from my notes.


Fun fact about Amie #914: I have a strange obsession with old men.

3 comments:

beingFab said...

That was lovely. No matter what your faith, the same things make us all happy, the same things make us all cry and the same tips are applicable to everyone. Nice!!

Kitty said...

Thanks hun!

While we don't all share the same faith or pray to the same person those are good words to pass on to anyone you care about.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Ami Allison said...

This is a wonderful post, Amie! I do the same thing. Listen to old sermons from Church. ALSO I love inspirational music. It really uplifts me and makes my days better. I'm glad your doing better too!! OH and I'm secretly in love with the fictitious animated old man from UP! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...