8.09.2011

Headband Week- Chrome button headband

This headband happened purely by accident! When I first got it in my head that I wanted to make seven headbands for the headband challenge, I knew I wanted a button headband in there somewhere, but this is NOT what I envisioned! But I like this one way better. Say hello to:

The-button-headband-I-like-much-better-than-the-one-I-saw-in-my-head headband. Well call it the chrome button headband for short. Woohoo! This is what you get when you play with buttons. :)


  • Thin metal headband
  • Five metal buttons with big shanks (that sounds dirty...is it just me?)
  • Felt scrap
  • Hot glue gun. E6000 would be better, but I'm not patient enough....
Ahhh, I love easy peasy!

When I was rummaging through my buttons my eyes were drawn to these vintage buttons from my awesome grandma. I noticed they had really large shanks, so I experimented....

And lo and behold, they threaded onto the headband like a dream!

I threaded all of them on the headband and stacked them on top of each other to create a ruffled effect.

And hot glued them all down. NOTE: E6000 glue would have been much better here, but I just wasn't patient enough. And because I do most things on impulse, I didn't think to cover it with felt till I saw how ugly this was (hence it's lack of appearance in the materials photo.) So I cut a thin strip of felt out.

And glued it over the mess. Much better! 

I trimmed all most of the felt that was visible.

And BAM! Awesome headband! Love it, it's so chic and modern! I even used two more buttons to make matching earrings. Holla! Thanks hubs for taking pictures for me so I don't have another awkward self portrait. 


I managed to get half a picture of him. Isn't he adorbs? For some reason this picture reminds me of a cute little  teenage boy trying to talk his crush but is super scared and doesn't know what to say for fear of being awkward. So shy and innocent looking. (Looking, keyword there) I don't know why he looks 15 in this picture, I promise I'm not a cougar.

Oh! And here is an interesting shot of my hair! I'm seriously lucky to have awesome natural highlights all throughout my hair. Since the top layer of hair is what the sun hits, it is usually way lighter than the hair underneath. Sometimes when I wear a side pony you can really see the difference! I'm a third brunette!

Still five more headbands to go. Linking up {here} Keep working on YOUR headband projects because at the end of headband week we'll have a fun linky!

8 comments:

Kate said...

I LOVE this headband! So cute!

Chris King said...

1. No daughter of mine is brunette, they are all blonde.

2. I also have a "chrome button" on my desktop, it launches an awesome web browser, not sure how to turn that into a headband...

Unknown said...

well if this is any indication, I do believe I will be pinning all of your headbands this week...

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

LOVE this headband girlfriend! You rock that adorable hair style too!

Whim Wham Life said...

I like I like! Glad it turned out even better than you imagined:-) That's always the best! xoxo

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

This is post made me smile. Thanks for inspiring me and many others. Really appreciate that you linked up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this and I LOVE the headband week thing - super-cute! I'm feeling very inspired to make some new gorgeous hair accessories!

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

Tanya said...

Ooooh so adorable. Pinning this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...