8.08.2011

Headband Week- Three strand lace headband

So Little Miss Momma pretty much dictated my crafting last week by initiating her "headband" challenge. I got it in my head to make a headband every day, even though I had a few that I could rotate all week. And thus Headband Week was born!

Today's headband was one of the easiest I've ever done in my entire life. Seriously. I saw {this} on Pinterest a few weeks ago....

Gorgeous right? I loved the hairstyle too but that is for another day. I miraculously had almost the exact same lace in my stash, so this came together in less than five minutes! That's also why the pictures are absolutely horrific, I was in a rush to get out the door and didn't have time to stage any of the pictures! Sorry 'bout that.

Though my face and pose are slightly emo-ish, I LOVE the way the headband turned out! It's super cute, versatile and really comfy!

To make one, you will need:
  • 4 yards of lace
  • 8 inches of white fold over elastic 
  • Scissors
  • Ruler
  • Hot glue gun 
Easy right? I bet most of you already have all of that stuff in your stash!

Most adult headbands are 19-20 inches, so use that as a rough estimate. I cut three 14 inch strands of lace, and one six inch length of fold over elastic. 

(Can you even see that picture? Yuck, sorry!) Stack each strand of lace on top of each other, making sure everything is facing the same direction. SLIGHTLY fan them out, and glue directly onto one end of your fold over elastic. Then do the same thing for the other side. Make sure nothing gets twisted in the process, that wouldn't be pretty. 

Cut a one inch section of FOE and glue it over the raw edges. 

That's it! It really was that easy! The hardest thing was waiting for the dumb glue gun to heat up! 

I made this one using the same method with my mom using some trim from David's grandma. This is by far the most versatile method out of all of them this week, you could make a zillion trillion headbands! (An exact amount.)

There are still six more headband tutorials coming this week! Stay tuned. :) Linking up {here}

Oh, and PS! I decided it would be fun to have a headband themed linky party at the end of Headband Week!  Huzzah! It'll be so fun, I can't wait to see all your headbands!

17 comments:

Beth Adams said...

Oh I totally love the style! I would love for you to show this off at my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! Linky is still open.http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/08/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-8611.html

Trish said...

this looks awesome! makes me want to run out buy some lace and a glue gun!


Trish

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Super cute!

I'd love it if you'd share these on our first link party coming up this Thursday! It's a blog party specifically for kids and teens crafts and ideas, so this project would be perfect! My husband is a youth minister, so I know several girls who would love this project.

bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

amanda said...

Love love love the lace!! will have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Katy said...

I am in love with this. It is so me and is definitely something I can make! I'm your newest follower! Love your blog!

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

LOVE IT!!!! Making one! Pinning it and facebooking this :)

PS- I finally got your button up :/ blogger was giving me such a hard time with it but it's up :)

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

So cute!!!

Seek First said...

I love it!! Thanks for the tutorial, I am going to be making this soon!

I have a fun rosette giveaway going on--you should enter! http://eliseypants.blogspot.com/2011/08/idk-my-bff-lauren-seek-first-guest-post.html

Anonymous said...

It seems elegnant- I like that! I need something to pin my bangs back I wil pinterest it!

Valerie Earnest said...

Really cute! I had that one bookmarked on pinterest too!

Thanks for sharing- visiting from Sugar Bee's link-up.

Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com
Drop on by!

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed!!! So pretty & feminine! Great job! :) ~Bri~

Katie said...

Pretty!

Mariel@ www.sexymodeststyle.com said...

This came out so cute! I love the lace and very easy instructions!

Come and party at my woot woot wednesdays @ thetootsiewootsie.com



http://www.thetootsiewootsie.com/2011/08/woot-woot-party-5.html

the vintage lemon said...

Adorable. I am going to go make some right now! Thanks for sharing!

Tricia said...

Okay. That is adorable! What a fun (and pretty) project. Thanks for sharing. :)

Beth Adams said...

Thanks for linking this up to my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! Get ready to show me some more wickedly awesome stuff!

Unknown said...

I'm such a dork. I just saw your comment on my lmm headband post. Thank you! And I love the lace one you made!! I am so doing that. New follower for sure :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...