4.09.2011

Saturday Spotlight- Tales of a Trophy Wife

Today we have Tara from Tales of a Trophy Wife! She and I were introduced though an old friend, I love connections like that. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey I'm Tara from Tales of a Trophy Wife.  I have never been a guest to anyone else's blog before-How exciting!  Thanks for the invite Amie.
I'm and Air Force wife and am blessed to be the mother of three awesome kids. Last summer I moved from DC to Texas and  I started up a craft blog to show off my projects to all my friends (one that introduced me to Amie) that I left behind (b/c let's admit it craft blogs are all about showing off).  I've broken my blog into a few categories: home decor, holiday decor, books, fashion, recipes, household tips.  I also work with 14-15 year-old girls at my church and post my lesson plans and other fun stuff we do.
Here's some of my favorite projects:
I painted this mural on my daughter's wall-it was really easy (I'm not even an artist).
 I painted/ glazed my boys' mis-matched furniture.
 If you like Star Wars, Coke, and Modern Art-then you'll think that my husband designed the coolest playroom ever.
 I married a man that's anti-wreath, but I love my St.Patty's Day Wreath so it's staying.
 I love to sew and wish that I had an entire flock of daughters to dress up in matching clothes.  I only have one, but she is the coolest, sweetest, smartest, most beautiful girl in the world, so I can't complain. To make up for my lack of daughters, I sew baby blessing outfits on etsy.   Lately, I've been buying a lot of stuff on clearance and "re-fashioning" them.  So fun! I've put Amie's lace skirt on my to-do list.  
I love this fish  fabric (We got it at Mood).
 This took 3 hours, but I love it and it makes me smile.
 I made these for my boy's bathroom wall to try and help w/ their personal hygiene.  It didn't help much, but I think they are cute.
It was fun to stop by, now I need to run so I can prepare for my daughter's 13th B-day party tonight.  Please stop by my blog next week and I'll let you know how it went.  We're expecting 14 girls, so I'm sure everything will run smoothly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't she make such fun things? Hop on over to Tales of a Trophy Wife and get lot in all her fabulous projects!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...