Now, I know the elastic waist skirt is not a new concept, (seriously, I just googled it and came up with almost 300,000 results!) but I wanted to take it to the next level. You know, go from "Hey, cute skirt." to "Dang girl! You MADE that?" A skirt worthy of a night out instead of just a skirt for Sunday.
- 1 1/2 yards of lightweight, white cotton (more or less depending on your size)
- 1 1/2 yards of black lace
- A few yards of 2 inch elastic (depending on waist measurement)
- Iron/ironing board
- A cup
- Disappearing ink pen/chalk
- Measuring tape
- Sewing machine, matching thread, scissors, seam ripper, all that jazz for sewing.
Get a measuring tape and measure around your hips. Take that number (let's call it "h" and say it's 36 inches) and multiply it by 1.5 (h x 1.5; 36 x 1.5 = 54). Let's call that new number "n." Divide "n" by four. (n/4; 54/4 = 13.5) Round any decimals you get up, so your final number is 14. Remember this number, this is the magic number for the waist of your skirt. Next, measure how long you want your skirt to be and add two (so if you want it to be 28 inches long, your magic length is 30".)
Make sure you check out where I party in my link parties tab! There are a few new ones. :)