3.29.2012

R.I.P. Jellybean

In case you don't follow me on {facebook}, I've been taking a short break from blogging since we had to put my beloved cat, Jellybean, down last week.

I know, I'm a grown woman, I shouldn't be so upset about my cat dying. But I've had my darling since I was 10 years old, she's been a major part of my life for 15 years! I begged and begged and begged my parents to get me a cat, for YEARS I begged them. When they  finally caved in shortly after my sister was born, they even let me name her.

I named her Jellybean. I saw the name in a magazine and I thought it was just the cutest thing ever.

Back when I was 10, I didn't exactly know how to handle a brand new kitten. She had just scratched my face when my parents decided to take the picture. At least my siblings are still cute, look at my brothers just hamming it up!

She always did the dumbest things. Like sit inside of lunchboxes on hot days.


And play Monopoly.


And become very protective of hangers.


The funniest thing she did was lick laundry baskets. It always cracked me up, she would just lick and lick and lick!

She slept/sat in a lot of weird places and positions.


 (Ok, ok, this one was posed.)



She was always very tolerant of the hilarious things we would do to her.









Notice I said "tolerant." She was such a cute kitty. Old and grumpy, just like me.

This one is just because she looks like a crazy, evil plotting psycho kitty here. 

*Sigh* I miss her so much. I loved her more than I love most people, I'm just a crazy cat lady. Putting her down was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. (Even though I didn't actually put her down...) But it was just cruel to keep her alive, the poor darling was suffering so much I couldn't even bear to think about her living like that for one more minute. 





As a gigantic cat lover and someone who doesn't yet have kids of her own, losing my 15 year old cat was just devastating for me. But, I've been reassured that I will see my beloved kitty again, and she's happily prancing around chasing lasers like she hasn't been able to for years. 

R.I.P. Jellybean.

What about you? Have you ever lost a pet? Do you believe in a pet heaven? Got any fun pet memorial crafts?

6 comments:

The Fall Creek Chicken Coop said...

Amie, I am so sorry! Losing a pet is so tough and it never gets easier with other pets. I can tell you what I was doing and describe every loss. But they are so worth it.
hang in there!
June

Kim @ craftyNHmom said...

I'm so sorry, I'm so sad to hear you lost your cat! Your pictures did make me smile though, those are the cutest photos I've seen in awhile. Jellybean was adorable. You must miss her so much.
My dog, Angus, is 7 and I worry already about him getting old and dying! We can at least take comfort in knowing how much love they had while they were here. We've lost lots of pets (mostly little ones) with 4 kids in the house, it's always so tough. We made a little photo album with all of our pets in it.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry! I've been following your updates on fb so I knew it was coming. I haven't had to put a pet down, but I did have to give one away. It felt like I was losing my child! I cried & cried. I made my husband clear out all his stuff from the apartment before I got home so I didn't have be there. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Amie. To us, I know that our pets are just like family also. It's always really really tough. I'm so sorry for your loss. She looks like she was a sweet and funny cat!

Sam | Away She Went said...

I'm so sorry Amie :(

I don't think there's anything wrong about being upset about Jellybean. Our family dog is getting old and just thinking about that makes me want to start crying.

Kansas Princess Jan said...

Amie, I am so sorry for your loss of Jellybean. I had my cat Ray for 18 years and my other cat Thelma for 12 years - I had to put them down within 12 months of each other. It was heart wrenching. I don't know if they will be in heaven but I like to think that they will be there when I get there. At the time of their passing I thought I would never again get another cat, I now have 3 Octavius, Elle and Sue. They aren't Ray or Thelma but they are good, little furry friends. I am so glad you were able to have Jellybean for so many years and gave her a good life. Blessings to you for your kind heart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...