2.14.2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! Since today is all about love, I thought I'd share a little bit about me and my love.

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We've been together for about 4 1/2 years. 

(We had been dating only a few weeks at this point. Hence the lack of wedding ring.)

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Heehee, we were both flying out to school and he stalked me in the airport and wouldn't leave me alone. Creepy, I know. The whole story is {here}. 

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We just had our three year anniversary in December! 

(We went to Dave and Busters this year!)

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married in the truly stunning Washington D.C. temple for time and all eternity! It was an average sized wedding. Since we got married six days before Christmas, we went for a non-traditional reception. Finger foods, no DJ or dancing, people could come and go as they pleased. It was wonderful. 

(This is my favorite pic from the reception. :)

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Um...we mostly just call each other honey. I call him honey bunches of oats when I'm feeling silly, and he returns the favor with honey bunny. 

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He's very sweet to everyone, he tries to make everyone happy. He is smart and ambitious. He's ridiculously handsome. 

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Haha, I had come back from a week away at my out of state nannying job. I had to came home to pack up my apartment because my lease ended the next day! It was about 11:30 (PM, that is) and he texted me and said "Hey can I come over?" When almost an hour had passed and he still wasn't there, I knew something was up. It's not like it takes an hour to walk two blocks to my apartment from his. When he finally showed up he had a blanket and his computer and told me we should take a break from packing and watch the stars. We went to our favorite spot and he opened his computer and played me a video he made of pictures of us set to our song. By this point I knew what was going on. He pulled out a shapeless mass and handed it to me. I unwrapped a toy airplane from one of his t shirts and inside the cockpit was a sweet poem he had written. Underneath that was the ring. :) He got on one knee and told me "we should get hitched."

It was well past 1am at this point, and I had to go back to my apartment and pack and clean my brains out before I got kicked out at noon. Good timing honey, good timing. 

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
He's a "let me play video games for a few hours without nagging me" kinda guy. Oh, wait, what would he get me? Flowers, my favorite, lilies and peach roses. 


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Most of the time I like to pop in a movie and relax, but I love going out and doing something different on special occasions.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Hmm...I'd like to go to some exotic island and spend a week alone with him. He's never left the country before, so it would be fun to get our passports renewed and just escape. Or go on a cruise, I'd be ok with that. One day I'd like to start our family, that's something I look forward to. 

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
This year it happens to fall on a Tuesday, which just so happens to be our regular "date night." We got a really nice gift card for Christmas so we are going to use it to go to a special dinner or some kind. We might wait until later, since it'll probably be ridiculous tonight. 


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope, we are on a very tight budget (which is why we are so happy to have a gift card for dinner!) so I told him to make me something. I made him something, see the bottom of the post. :)

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Make sure you have lives without each other. Pursue your own interests, hang out with your own friends, keep your own identity. But that doesn't mean stop doing things together!

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

David took this with his phone the other day. Dumb cats, the basket is hardly big enough for one of them!

Wanna see what I made the hubs for Valentine's Day??


Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains, means "I love you" in zombie.

I absolutely and completely, 100% stole the idea from {this} Etsy listing. I was thiiiis (imagine be pinching my thumb and pointer close together) close to buying it, but it just wasn't in the budget. So I improvised. I think it makes him look like he's sucking out my brains. :D



May your day be filled with chocolate. 

3 comments:

The Loops said...

I can vouch for you that you really do call each other honey all the time. lol. But not in an annoying way. Don't worry.

Unknown said...

I love your meeting story! So sweet!

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

This is such a great idea to share these details for Valentine's day. The "how you met" story is adorable.

Thanks for stopping by to visit me at Just Us Four.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...