7.12.2011

Why I’m MIA and a craft contest announcement!


Monday.

Tuesday.

Wednesday.

Thursday.
FRIDAY 12:01 AM!

Yes. The hubs and I got tickets to see all 8 Harry Potter movies this week, in theaters. Two a night, with the midnight premier. Best. Week. EVER! I’m a huge Harry Potter fan, pretty much we can’t be friends if you don't like HP. Seriously, my ex best friend didn’t like Harry Potter. Notice how I said EX. So these movies are taking up my whole evening from 5pm onward, so I’ll be a little MIA this week.

But…let me leave you with something to think about! Like…the THEME for this round’s 3…2…1… Craft! Yes, I’ve decided on the theme! You ready…

You sure…?

Well, bust out those sewing machines, because this round’s theme is SEWING FOR SUMMER! Yai! It’s pretty wide open here! It can be fully sewn, partially sewn, sewn by hand, by machine, as long as there is fabric and some stiches it counts!

So get started on that skirt you’ve been meaning to do, finish that purse you started but never finished, and get creative! Entries that are unique and original, with clear pictures and appealing designs are likely to get chosen for the top five!

Also, I’ve decided to go with linky party for the entries. It will be so fun to see what everyone has come up with! Sew get sewing (haha, I’m so funny), this party is starting soon!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE HARRY POTTER! The bf doesn't care much for it--I think because he thinks its for kids and thats what I thought when my brothers first started reading (when it first came out). My little brother actually had to read a paragraph out loud to me in order to convince me I should read it. And ever since I have been hooked.

I love the sewing for summer idea! can't wait to see what everyone is doing!

Marianne said...

This means I can be your new best friend. Well, maybe second best because I didn't get to attend the Harry Potter marathon and I'm seeing the last (sob) film with family at 9 a.m. Friday. I loved Harry from the moment we met and I've read the books and seen the films several times. Who can't love an author who takes diagonally and turns it into Diagon Alley?!

Lina Thomlinson said...

I am so jealous! I'm a huge HP fan and just know I'll cry like a baby when I see the last one.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I love Harry Potter! My hubby and I actually got engaged the night that the last book came out! I'll have to take a look around here and see if any of the theaters are doing anything like that - sounds really fun!!!

Stephanie said...

So if I sew something summery and Harry Potterish I am sure to get into the top five too!
I will have to see if I have time since I too am watching all the HP movies, although at home with a bowl of popcorn.

Stephanie said...

Sounds fun! And I'm so jealous of your marathon!! My first date with my (now) dh was opening night of the first HP, so we've seen each of them in the theater. We'll be seeing this one too of course!

Knit Cookies said...

Yay! I'm excited for this contest! when are entries due by?

Kitty said...

dang the one thing I don't have is a sewing machine! Oh well hand sewing it is!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...