4.27.2011

What I like Wednesday- South Carolina

I actually wasn't going to post about my awesome vacation in Santee, SC. For two reasons: 1) I really don't like sifting through pictures, editing them, and then collage-ing them. Takes forever. 2) Do you REALLY want to see pictures of my vacation? Really? So really Mom, this is for you. :) I'll let the pictures do most of the talking, since they are worth a thousand words.

 On our drive down we stopped in Raleigh, NC. 100% of the reason I wanted to stop was because Clay Aiken was raised there. True story.

 We ate sooo much delicious food. My three faves: shrimp and grits (OMG WHYY DID I NEVER HAVE THIS BEFORE?), perfect scallops, and so-fresh-I-actually-just-picked-them-off-a-plantation strawberries.

We saw sooo many beautiful sites, a lot of them on a personal boat tour of the lake we stayed on. Er, next to.

We went fishing A LOT but didn't catch ONE SINGLE FISH. I had one nibble and a wad of leaves, but no fish. :(

We went to the beach and didn't get sunburned!

We went to Charleston. I loved Ft. Moultrie, I love history!

Visited the still-running Boone Plantation (which you might have seen on The Notebook.) That's where I got the strawberries, ps. And picked cotton.

And overall had a lot of fun. Whyyy do vacations have to go by so quickly?

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like so much fun and great pictures! I love Charleston and want to go back sometime.

SewHappyGeek said...

Looks like it was loads of fun! Thanks for posting the pics!

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had fun! Thanks for letting me guest post!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...