In case you missed me over at Crystal's Craft Spot, here is the project I posted over there!
As probably already know, my current crafty kick is jewelry. I love perusing through websites and finding inspiration for my own jewelry. That's how I ended up here today. I know you've seen knock offs from Anthropologie, J. Crew and other fancy sites, but my piece today actually came from Old Navy!
I love it! I love the ribbon strung through the chain, the feminine flower, pearls and black satin, what's not to love? The $15 price tag doesn't exactly make me cringe, but why shell out money when I can make my own with things I already have?
- Thin, black, satin ribbon
- Black lace (I ended up using black lace from the bolt, not trim like pictured above)
- Strong black thread and needle (I used upholstery thread)
- Medium sized silver chain and two large jump rings
- Large faux pearls (8mm)
- Heat source for heat sealing ribbon (not pictured)
- Clear nail polish (not pictured)
- Needle nose pliers (not pictured)
Admire your handiwork because you, my friend, just made one fantastic necklace. To wear it, simply tie the ribbons behind your neck!
Did I mention I'm giving away this exact necklace? Click here to enter to win! (It's pretty low entry, so your chances are high!)
Oh yeah...and don't forget to see all the fabulous blogs I party at! Click my "parties" tab to see them all, and maybe even find a few more that you didn't know about!