Amie (great name, huh?) from the fantastic blog Pinkapotmus tagged me for this fun little number! And since I rarely pass up on an opportunity to talk about myself (read: I'm in the middle of several projects right now and don't have anything crafty to post about) I thought I'd join in the fun!
1. I can speak lolspeak. (Please see "I can has cheezburger?" for more information.) I literally say things in normal, everyday conversation, like "I can has dat pen?" or (speaking to the cat) "Does her want some fuds??" I speak normally when I'm out in public, but when I'm at home or with my friends I often say things in lolspeak. I just think it's so much fun! (Feel free to unfollow the loser that I am now.)
2. I HATE it when people call our nation's capital "Washington." (ack! I just cringed a little typing that.) You can either call it "Washington DC" or just "DC." DO NOT call it "Washington," "Washington" is a lovely western state where my brother happens to be serving a mission. Being from DC I am allowed to have strong feelings about it.
3. I'm a Mormon. I try not to talk about my religious views on the blog for several reasons, but I love the Lord and I love my church. My beliefs bring me so much happiness.
(This is where I got married. Beautiful, isn't it?)
4. I have a little bit of an anger problem. When I get mad, I get MAD!! I'm not one to break things or scream at the top of my lungs (usually...), I'm more the kind that will give you the silent treatment for the rest of your life and imagine you getting hit by a truck.
5. I can make a very convincing dolphin noise. I don't do it very often though because it's SO LOUD and everyone stares at me.
6. I have to leave the house in order to feel like I've done anything productive during the day. Even if I only go out to the store and buy milk, I feel more productive than I would sitting at home and sewing birthday presents for 6 hours.
7. When I got the 6th Harry Potter book (at the midnight party of course) I sat down and read the entire thing, cover to cover, in less than 12 hours. I didn't go to sleep and I didn't eat. I didn't do the same thing for the final book because I wanted to "savor" it a little more. HA! I was still done with it within 24 hours. Oh, and just because I KNOW you were wondering, if I were to order the 7 books from favorite to least favorite it would be: 3, 6, 7, 4, 2, 1, 5.
8. I have never broken a bone, never had stitches, and never had surgery. (vigorously knocking on wood) The only reasons I've ever had to visit the hospital were because of sicknesses, not injuries.
9. I LOVE watching a new movie/tv show and figuring out where I've seen all the other characters! I'm pretty skilled at it too. If you say "What other movie was that guy in?" I'll probably know. This drives my husband nuts, because I'm always like "That's the girl from "A Series of Unfortunate Events!" or "You know him better as "Professor Slughorn." Whenever I finish watching a movie I'm always on Internet Movie Database looking up all the characters and seeing what other movies they've been in. I especially love doing this with cartoons, because I can't see the actors faces and it makes it all the more challenging.
10. Depending on how you define "kiss" I either got my first kiss when I was 4 or when I was 18.
12. I love to cook! Seriously, if I didn't have to clean up, I would be cooking all the time.
13. I'm allergic to bubble bath (big sad face.) I've never had the luxury of doing this:
14. I took French all throughout high school and even a little in college but I can only say a few phrases now. This makes me sad.
15. I will gag to the point of throwing up if I touch soggy bread in the sink. GROSS!!!!
And now I'm supposed to tag 5 people, though I'm not sure all 5 of you enjoy talking about yourselves as much as I do. I tag:
Camilla at Rosey Red Buttons
Kara at Mine for the Making
Beth at Sand to Pearl
Kimbo at A Girl and a Glue Gun
Crystal at Crystal's Craft Spot