Dad's Sugar Cookies
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix together shortening, sugar, milk, vanilla and egg.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry mixture to the other bowl and combine. (A mixer really helps here.)
- Cover and refrigerate until firm (at least an hour).
- Roll out dough, putting 1/4" dowel rods on either side of dough so when cookie are being rolled out, the rods will stop the rolling pin and the cookies will have an even thickness.
- Cut, and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Now, for picture directions. 1) because they are more fun, 2) to give a glimpse into my fun life. :)