Once upon a time a beautiful princess was being chauffeured to the grocery store by her handsome prince. She couldn't help but notice all the stunning colors of the trees, and shouted "HALT!" to her prince. He slammed on the brakes and the princess scrambled out of the car and madly started plucking leaves off the tree. Instantaneously, her bag was filled with leaves and she eagerly took them home, mind buzzing with new projects. The End.
You'll need to do the same for your prep work! I gather TONS of leaves all from the same tree for consistency. I sorted and arranged the leaves and finally came up with two designs I liked: the leaves "changing" colors and the leaves "growing." I
- Dried and pressed leaves (you can even use the microwave method from when I did my napkin rings!)
- Large frame that will fit all the leaves (found mine for $4 at the thrift store)
- "Background" to your art (I used burlap, but wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, spray painted poster board, whatever you want will work here!)
- Scissors (not pictured)
- Some kind of acid free, sticky adhesive (messed around with a few so it's not pictured here either, sorry)
- Duct tape
- An adorable and playful kitty.
Make sure to check out my "Link Parties" tab to see where I'm linked up! Take a look around, link up something yourself, have a little party and get really distracted looking at craft blogs. Happy crafting!