10.22.2010

Foodie Friday- Pizza Pasta

Today's Foodie Fridays is an original recipe made up by my husband's former roommate! Pizza in the form of pasta, all the deliciousness of pizza without the hassle of making dough! It is absolutely delicious and will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters! And another great perk, this recipe makes a ton of food! (I'm talking a group of 9, three of them being teenage boys that had at least two servings each.)


MMMMM. I realize the picture quality is frightening, but I promise it is delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 1 box (16 oz.) ziti, penne, or rotini pasta
  • 2 jars pizza sauce
  • 3-5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (depending on how cheesy you like it)
  • Pizza toppings: I used a package of pepperoni but cubed chicken, bacon, crumbled sausage, peppers, mushrooms, olives, anything you like on a pizza will be good here. :)
  • Nonstick spray

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Boil pasta according to package directions, leaving 1 minute off the cook time. Drain well and rinse with cold water. 
  • Get out the largest baking dish you can find and spray lightly with cooking spray.
  • Put your rinsed pasta in a large bowl and mix in pizza sauce until well coated (I used about 3/4 of a jar for this part.)
  • Add in about a third of your toppings to the saucy noodles, and then add a cup or two of shredded cheese. Mix well.
  • Pour noodle mixture into baking dish and top with the rest sauce, cheese, and toppings.
  • Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly. 
  • Serve hot with a green salad and breadsticks.
The picture I took above was actually one I made the next day, with some tri-colored rotini, chicken, and bacon. It was so good I wanted it the next day but we didn't have any leftover! It was really easy to make an individual portion as well, I just boiled a cup of pasta, adding toppings and some sauce and cheese and microwaved it!

Happy cooking! :)


3 comments:

Crystal said...

That sounds really good. I think we'll have to try this one. We like anything pizza :)

furygirl3132 said...

I will definitely have to try this one, it looks and sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
I am a new follower from Friendly Friday and congrats for being featured this week. I look forward to reading more of your blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog said...

Your pizza pasta sounds yummy! Glad we could feature you on Friendly Friday this week! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...