9.11.2010

Yip yip! The Appa hat

I guess the secret's out, I am an extremely impatient person! I see something I really like, I want it, I make it. All in the same day. Even if it means rushing to Joann right before it closes and staying up way too late to finish. But that's ok, because that means I have...

My Appa hat! Remember the one I posted yesterday? I knew learning to crochet wasn't really the best idea, because I wanted that hat NOW. So, I used some fluffly fleece to make this one instead! I used this tutorial from I am Momma, Hear me Roar to make the hat, and just added an arrow, horns, and cute little Appa ears!

I'm not a fan of this picture, but it helps show off the ears. :) I'm loving my new hat, I can't wait until it gets a little colder so I can actually wear it! (Think David will want to stand next to me if I have a hat that looks like a giant flying bison?)

Now that I've successfully wasted valuable time, I need to go get things done. Happy weekend! Yip yip!

Make sure to check out my "Link Parties" tab to see where I am linking up!


13 comments:

Janell said...

I came over from Be Different Act Normal because the Air Bender-related pic caught my eye.

This hat's adorable!

Crystal said...

I love your hat! I am so impressed you figured out how to make one so fast. It looks great.

Cassie said...

This is fabulous!!!
I must show everyone!!!
My family loves some Airbender!!
=)

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Hahahaha this is so cute! And I am the same way (hence the moto "Saw it. Wanted it. Made it.) I see something I like, I have to make it right then. It results in late nights and tired mornings...but it also results if FUN projects too :)

Heather said...

ooh my kids would love this!

Lorie said...

It turned out great! And thanks for linking it up to Show and Tell Saturday!

Colie's Kitchen said...

OMG I Love the hat! I wish I knew how to sew! You have a great blog!! I am really enjoying looking around. Thanks for sharing!! I am now a new follower!! Nicole @ colieskitchen.com BTW I found you on a blog hop!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

M daughter would so totally die if she saw this!
She loves Appa.
Great job!

Lydia said...

Awesome. And way better than the knitted one.

Claire said...

Oh! SO CUTE! You can make anything, I swear! :D

Sew Can Do said...

This reminds me of my Viking Baby hat, so of course I like it:) Like the furry minky fabric too. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday.

Donene said...

You are so very clever! Love it! I am a follower!
Can you help me out? I am in a contest because of a recent post that I did on my weight loss. There is a contest on Face Book and I need you to vote! I am so close and I don't want the other guy to win! Just click on the link below and like that page (up at the top) then in the left hand column find my picture( I’m the one in the black bathing suit) under photo's 4 of 14 click(SEE All) and leave a comment under my picture! Thanks!!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lehi-UT/Kristi-Approved/391083710513
You might have to copy and paste it into your browser

Kim @ craftyNHmom said...

That hat is so cool! I have to show this to my kids when they get home today. They love Appa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...