It felt good. Yes, listening to four hours of church talks was 100% awesome. There is no better way to spend a Saturday. (And a Sunday, four more hours tomorrow. :) I feel so good that I would like to share a few thoughts with you.
Now I know that there are many of you who do not share the same faith as I do, and some who practice no faith at all! Please know that that does not affect my opinion of you at all, I don't believe friendships are based on similar religious beliefs. I don't judge, or shun. I'm just sharing what makes me happy in hopes you might find something that makes you happy too.
Hmmm. I take notes in cursive because it's harder for people to read over my shoulder that way. And I just took a picture of my notes and put it on the internet. THAT makes sense.
- In order to progress, you have to face some challenges.
- When we serve, we not only help others, we help ourselves. And there are always opportunities to serve others.
- Rely on the wisdom of others, especially those older than you. (I mean seriously, how many times do we call our parents to ask them questions?)
- You matter. And you are loved.
- Be the master of addicting, time wasting activities. Just because you are busy doesn't mean you are being productive.
- There is always time to do the right thing.
- "It's better to look up."
- Everyone makes wrong choices, and everyone makes mistakes. Be quick to forgive, and quick to realize your own mistakes.
- Be bold. Don't assume someone else will take care of something.
- Make sure to engage in two way conversations.
- Be an example.
Just some excerpts from my notes.
Fun fact about Amie #914: I have a strange obsession with old men.