5.20.2011

Paint chip note cards {a tutorial!}

I totally meant to get this up yesterday, but I wasn't able to touch my computer for 36 hours. I was dyyyyyyyying!! But it's all good now, and now you get a fun little tutorial!

Fun little note cards! Embellished with paint chips. I have a small stash of paint chips left from other projects and when I found a little circle hole punch on clearance at Michael's I knew what I wanted to do! I didn't know it was take three months to get there...but I did it. :)

I like to think of it as "real" card making, since unless you are a really awesome cardmaker like my former roommate {Brielle}, you don't have fun stamps, embossers, paper, and other little card thingys lying around to make a really beautiful card. Not only are they cute, they're super easy to make! You will need:
  • Paint chips, whatever color you want
  • Circle hole punch
  • Pencil
  • Ruler
  • Paper cutter (optional, but nice!)
  • Scissors (if you don't have a paper cutter)
  • Letter stamps
  • Ink
  • Cardstock (it's white and under all the other stuff, I sweat it's there!)
  • Glue 

First, take the hole punch to the paint chips to get colorful, fun little circles.

Cut out some cardstock to create the card. Fold it in half and create a very nice crease with the side of the ruler.

Glue on those little circles to your hearts. I'm a huge sucker for gray and yellow, so that's what I experimented with first.

Then, using the stamps and ink pad, add any message you want to the front.

And just like that, you've got yourself a personalized, handmade card to use! You can whip out a ton of these very quickly, make them for invitations, thank you cards, thinking of you cards, whatever! Add a few new hold punches to the mix and your possibilities are nearly endless!

I had a lot of fun mixing colors, textures, and creating one folds and no fold cards. I've even tested a few of them out!

What did I write in this I love you card?

A little note to the hubs for while I'm away in NY this weekend. :)

Click my "link parties" tab to see where I link up!

8 comments:

Dragonfliez Made said...

too cute! Amie that card is sweet. It is always nice to receive and give little hand written notes.

Caroline @ Artfully Caroline said...

Totally my speed and very cute :)

Kitty said...

Seriously cute and cheap! I love stationary, I will have to remember this trick the next time I need a cute card

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees said...

LOVE it! I'm going to start collecting paint chips! =)

I would LOVE if you would link up your project to our {{What I Made Wednesday}} Linky Party! We're also hosting a giveaway, so don't forget to sign up! :)

I'm also your newest follower. We would LOVE a follow back if you love our blog too!

Briana @ Sweet Peas & Bumblebees

Unknown said...

I'm loving this idea!! Please link up!!

http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/05/wow-me-wednesday-11.html

cre8ivesky said...

What fun! Punching those circles looks like it could be addicting :) Here from Night Owl Crafting :)

Heather @ Camp Slop said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

So cute I love it! Hope to see you at Scrappy Saturdays! Come link up @ http://candacecreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...