15-Minute Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Rapid Rise yeast (has to be Rapid rise!)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Mix hot water, sugar, and yeast together using a wooden spoon. Let rest until foamy.
- Add olive oil and mix.
- Add flour and salt all at once. (Amie add in: I added half a tablespoon of onion powder, half a tablespoon of garlic powder, and half a teaspoon of celery salt to the mix!)
- Attach dough hook to your mixer and mix on low for 5 minutes. (If you don't have a mixer just knead until smooth and elastic.) I added a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese while the mixer was running.
- Let rest 10 minutes. (Feel free to let it rise longer, just make sure you punch it back down before you knead.)
- Press dough on pizza pan, stone, cookie sheet, whatever! Then top! (see below for my pizza today)
- Bake at 500 for 12-15 minutes. Yes, you make pizza from scratch in the time it takes to call in and wait for delivery.
To make the BBQ chicken pizza, top with:
- 1/2 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (in place of regular pizza sauce)
- Two cups or so of mozzarella cheese
- One cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces.