- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 med (1/2 lb) carrots
- 3 stalks (1/3 bunch) celery
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 lg cubes beef bouillon
- 8 cups water
- 6 oz. dry pasta (I used medium shells)
- 26 meatballs (I used frozen Costco ones, thaw before adding to soup)
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- Wash, peel and dice the vegetables for the mirepoix (carrot, celery, onion, garlic). Cook them in a large pot with olive oil over medium heat until softened (5-10 minutes).
- Add the diced tomatoes, water and beef bouillon to the pot. Bring it up to a simmer then add the pasta and meatballs. Allow the pot to simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through.
- While the pot is simmering, rinse and chop half a bunch of parsley. Add the parsley to the pot after the pasta has fully cooked.
- Serve each bowl of soup with freshly grated parmesan on top.
Makes 6-8 servings, depending how hungry everyone is. :)