Tater Tot Casserole (adapted from this recipe)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (we used turkey with equally good results)
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3-4 cups frozen mixed veggies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread raw hamburger or turkey into bottom of pan, covering entire bottom, gently pressing it down.
- Sprinkle with dried onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spoon soup (undiluted) over the seasoned meat. Layer frozen veggies as next layer, then cheese. (Personally, I think the veggies get bit too mushy in the casserole, so I choose to have a side salad/veggie.)
- Layer tater tots on top, covering entire top with tots. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour to 90 minutes, or until meat is done.